Sunday 1 July 2012

Welcome

I have stumbled upon a very fun and very profitable hobby. I buy items off kijiji, a local facebook buy and sell group, or at garage sales. Then I resell them at a profit. Best site for doing this? One Man's Junk... a facebook site that is not without its glitches but still has worked out well for me so far,

It all started rather slowly. Learning the local market was a big step. Finding the auction site (a little late for some items) was even better. And while I don't always make a fortune I'm not losing money. So basically, I can garage sale guilt free. And I love garage sales.

I am hoping to bring you all along on my adventures and share my finds. I have a few right now that I am auctioning off. I even have my father excited about it. So excited he is finding me things to sell. I love selling things. Sigh*

My best deal so far was a kijiji purchase of old wood frame windows. I got 42 of them for $20. I sold them for around $300 all together. I may have to double check that but it was still a lot.

My approach to garage sales is simple. I leave early and go for about two hours or until I run out of room in my pickup or cash in my wallet. I don't like going to long because the sales become crowded and I do not enjoy that.

Am I addicted? Maybe... But, at least I'm not hoarding my purchases...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Looking forward to hearing about all your deals.

    I love to garage sale too, but I would probably hoard the stuff, so I don't usually buy much.

    ReplyDelete